Monday, February 06, 2006

The worst pop songs of all time

Taken from Pop Culture Madness:

1. MacArthur Park - Richard Harris or Donna Summer
2. I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
3. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton
4. Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks
5. Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
6. Muskrat Love - Captain and Tenille
7. I Write The Songs - Barry Manilow
8. Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
9. I Am... I Said - Neil Diamond
10. Ebony and Ivory - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
11. Having My Baby - Paul Anka
12. Feelings - Morris Albert
13. Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
14. Oh Babe, What Would You Say? - Hurricane Smith
15. Disco Duck - Rick Dees
16. A Horse With No Name - America
17. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
18. Morning Train (9 to 5) - Sheena Easton
19. You Light Up My Life - Debbie Boone
20. Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey
21. Shannon - Henry Gross
22. In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) - Zager and Evans
23. Do That To Me One More Time - Captain and Tenille
24. I Can't Dance - Genesis
25. The Candy Man - Sammy Davis jr
26. Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
27. Ma Belle Amie - The Tee Set
28. Brand New Key - Melanie
29. Wildfire - Michael Murphy
30. Playground In My Mind - Clint Holmes
31. Ode To Billie Joe - Bobbi Gentry
32. Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O'Sullivan
33. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
34. Midnight At The Oasis - Maria Muldaur
35. I Am Woman - Helen Reddy
36. The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You - Bryan Adams
37. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
38. The Warrior - Scandal
39. Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
40. The Logical Song - Supertramp

Those are some pretty horrible songs. I gotta disagree with putting the Supertramp song on that list. It's actually a pretty decent song. Oh well at least it's number 40. Seasons in the Sun should be number one. That song is awful. I cringe when i hear that crappy guitar riff. Fortunately i haven't heard that song in years.